Sports injuries are a quite common issue in professional sports or basic sports because, indulgence into strenuous activities, increase usual wear and tear of the tissues and may require immediate medical attention. As our joints and hinges are backed by the muscles, ligaments, tendons, and cartilages to provide them the support, strength, and ease of locomotion that are highly in demand in the life of an athlete or sports person. However, overuse, sudden trauma or injuries can put them into a lifetime dependency and end of their career.
A sports injury may vary exactly as different sports genres are. Some of the injuries can be so devastating that they stay for long and can make a person permanently disabled. While some injuries can be managed with effective physiotherapy along with some effective scientific advancements such as “stem cell therapy”. Stem cells are the repairing cells of damaged tissues, which are operative by harnessing the healing power of the body. Apparently, stem cell therapy can be considered as an effective, alternative therapy. Stem cells isolation can be done effectively and quickly from different mature adult sources, such as bone marrow or adipose tissue (fat cells), and injecting it into the damaged body part to promote healing.
In the case of sports injuries, these stem cells are identifying to be displaying different types of differentiation capacity, such as bone cells, cartilaginous cells, etc. It has been as well studied so far that autologous platelet-rich plasma if utilized to stimulated patients own stem cells, the secreted growth factors can redirect these stem cells at the site of injury and force them to differentiate into desired cells types.
Some of the injuries that can be greatly helped by stem cells are:
- Achilles Tendon Injury: – The Achilles tendons, is one of the longest tendons in our body, extending from the calf muscles to the bones of heels. It allows us to extend our feet and point our toes to the floor. The injury is associated with the swollen or broken tendon.
- Knee Ligament Injuries: – Anterior cruciate ligament, Posterior Crucial Ligament, lateral ligament, and medial ligaments are the four very crucial ligaments of the skin and can be injured due to sudden twisting, jumping, landing, etc. The injury can be very painful with permanently debilitating changes.
- Ankle Injuries: – They can be sprains, strains or fractures associated with tearing or breakage of bone, tendons or ligaments.
- Concussions:- These are the most common traumatic brain injuries, associated with a direct blow or bump to the head. The brain is made up of soft tissue, cushioned by spinal fluid and encased in the protective shell of the skull. When a sudden concussion is sustained, the impact can jolt our brain; leading to bruising, blood vessel damage, nerve injuries or damage.
- Dislocation: – This is a kind of injury, wherein the fall or blow causes the bone to pop out of its socket, especially in the case of joints. In severe cases, the tissue and nerves around get damaged leading to the loss of mobility.
- Golfer’s Elbow: – Golfer’s elbow cause pain and inflammation in the tendons that connect the forearm to the elbow.
- Groin Pull: – They are common in people who require a lot of running and jumping. It results in a tendon loss or damage, due to too much pressure on the muscles in an area of the groin or thighs.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: – It is one of the darkest fears of the pitchers, tennis players. The rotator cuff is the group of four tendons and muscles that converge around the shoulder joints and the upper arm bone. Too much stress can cause tears in the tendons or the bones.
- Tennis Elbow: – Swelling or inflammation of the tendons, causing pain in the elbow or arm.
.Although minor injuries or skin lesions can be treated with simple remedies; severe cases need only surgical reconstruction of the affected area due to its poor healing. These options can encounter serious complications during the procedure and hence are in strong demand for alternative therapies. Advancells, situated at Noida is excited by the prodigious prospects of stem cells in treating various diseases; hence they are constantly updating our knowledge and technology to suit unique specifications of each patient. They are offering safe treatment pattern, by offering “Autologous stem cells from your own Bone Marrow/Adipose Tissue“